Saturday, December 6, 2008

Apts I love

Today's topic might be considered a tad weird, since I'll be discussing listings that are not mine. These are listings that I've seen and shown to various customers. If I had someone to sell it to, believe me, I would.

This listing is something that I've shown to probably a dozen different people.


It is vacant, which is part of the reason it doesn't show well, and it has a funky kitchen, which is totally fixable.

This apt has been on the market since May when it was listed for $1.6. It is now down to $1.395,000 and while I have no insider information, I have to think that the owners are negotiable. They were transferred out of town.

http://www.prudentialelliman.com/973090

Here's the thing: this apt is close to 1500 square feet (really!), it's 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, on a high floor in a gorgeous pre-war building with a roof deck. The building allows washer/dryers, although this unit doesn't have one. 24 hour doorman and well situated.

I sold the same unit on a much lower floor for $1,440,000 which closed in March 2008. That apt did not have the third bedroom carved out of the dining room, but it did have a fully renovated and really dynamite kitchen.

Here's the link if you want to see what the apt and floor plan looked like.
http://www.realestate-websites.com/websites/randrealtyny/listings.cfm?ListingID=85274&ListingSource=RPL

This is a real family sized apt in a great family neighborhood. What more could you ask for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--publicizing a listing that's not yours? You must be the most generous real estate broker in nyc!

Seriously--as one who has had some pretty unpleasant experiences with manhattan brokers, it's great to see there are a few smart and thoughtful ones out there with something to say.

Cant wait to read more--keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Love the name! Love the blog!

Keep it up!

xo Susan (one of your oldest friends)